Are You Destroying A Work of Art?
Here at Rug Rehab I meet people every day that are doing exactly that. A fine hand-woven area rug may have hundreds of artisan hours (and thousands of your dollars) invested in it. But over time sand and dust collect deep in the pile – grinding away the fibers and wearing the rug out prematurely. Let Rug Rehab save your investment and extend the life of your rug!
Russ Branson, Certified IICRC Master Textile Cleaner
Can your fine area rugs last a lifetime? Vacuuming alone never removes all the dry soil. But now, you’ll have a soil-free rug with the new Rugbadger tool that gently vibrates all soil from your rug backing.
Drop your rugs off at our rug cleaning studio at 1602 E Lincoln Way, Ames or call for pickup. We are experienced with all types of wool, cotton, and silk rugs.
Does Your Rug Need Our 12 Step Program?
- Pre-Inspection – We’ll go over any concerns you may have and inspect the rug for problems, stains and any damage.
- Color Testing – We check to see if the colors are stable before we clean and apply a dye fix so they won’t bleed during the cleaning process.
- Dusting – More Than Just Vacuuming! We put your rug through our rug duster that applies 40,000 harmonic vibrations per minute to the back of the rug removing up to 90% of the dry soil before we even clean it.
- Spot Pre-Treatment – This gives the cleaning agents extra time to work on those problem areas.
- Shampoo – Your rug is thoroughly washed, both front and back, with a special low pH cleaner formulated to be safe even on natural fibers.
- Cold Water Rinse – Why Not Hot? Hot water can cause shrinkage and destabilize dyes on natural fibers. Cold water keeps the rug safe from these issues.
- Fringe Cleaning – Fringes are hand detailed using cleaners that won’t degrade and weaken the fibers.
- Drying – After all excess water is removed from the rug, it is placed on a rack designed to allow rapid airflow across both sides of the rug to dry it quickly.
- Post-Inspection – Here we examine the rug to make sure it’s ready to go home. Some rugs are so dirty they go back to step 5 and repeat the process.
- Protective Finish (Optional) – We can treat your rug with the most advanced fabric protector available to help repel spots and spills. It’s so good – we guarantee it.
- Finishing – A final vacuuming and fringe comb-out to make sure the rug is cloud-soft and dust free.
- Wrap Up for Delivery – All rugs are wrapped in paper and twine to protect them while being transported back to your home.